About Me

My photo
I have been a Cub Scout Den Leader since 9/04, Cubmaster since 2/07. I have also been a Boy Scout Troop Committee Member and Merit Badge Counselor since 2/08, changing to an Assistant Scoutmaster in June of 2011. Since spring of 2010, I have also been the Lighthouse District Cub Scout Program director, in charge of planning district-wide events. I have three boys -- Peter is a First Class Boy Scout, Nathan is a Tenderfoot, and Nick is working toward the Webelos rank. If you like this blog, please be nice and click a link.

Monday, October 11, 2010

My Favorite Skit

Of all the skits my boys have performed over the years, my favorite wasn't really a skit. It was a lip-synced puppet show, set to the Blues Brothers' version of "Soul Man". This was done at one of our pack's annual Blue & Gold banquets.



Nathan and another boy from his den made puppets from four brown lunch bags. Two of them were the singers (the Blues Brothers), while two were the musicians. They even cut out saxophone and trumpet shapes from foam sheets, cut a little slit near the paper bag's "mouth" so they could insert the end, then cut arms from another paper bag and taped them to the instruments so they would stay in place. The biggest challenges during the performance were making sure they had the right puppets up and holding them high enough for the audience to see.

You can tell a skit (or puppet show) has gone well when the audience really gets into it and they are cheering at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment